Job Title: Social Media & Digital Engagement Manager
Date: December 15, 2021
Are you equally passionate about building online communities and storytelling as you are about nonprofit work and the Twin Cities community? Can you multi-task by building social media strategies while seamlessly executing digital projects? Are you both creative and detail-oriented? Then consider joining us at Twin Cities In Motion.
The Social Media & Digital Engagement Manager serves as part of the high caliber Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) team, which has planned and executed the region’s premier running events since 1982. Its mission is simple - ignite everyone’s inner athlete.
TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that organizes five races with 17 distances throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Collectively, TCM and its charity partners that fundraise at TCM events give back more than $1 million annually to a variety of causes.
The Social Media & Digital Engagement Manager is responsible for managing and executing all TCM digital communication platforms (social media, website, app), developing content marketing strategies and building an active year-round ambassador community.
Strong creative vision, self-starting attitude and passion for storytelling are critical for this position, as is the ability to engage and develop connection with the community. The Social Media & Digital Engagement Manager reports to the Marketing & Experience Director and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for leading digital creative content strategy, content development, execution and customer service on all TCM digital platforms including social media, website and year-round event app
- Create content strategies that grow our online presence, foster community and build relationships with TCM audiences
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date event information on all digital platforms
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Identify and engage new audiences; grow social media followers
- Manage and execute overall social media and website strategy; create annual comprehensive TCM digital content calendar for all platforms
- Lead the tracking of media impressions and analytics, working to develop quarterly and year-end communications reports and sponsor reports
- Lead website projects, including the development and launch of a new mobile responsive site with best-in-class user experience strategies
- Ability to communicate event details in a coherent voice that fulfills the needs of various event stakeholders, including participants, sponsors, volunteers, etc.
- Optimize digital content for SEO
- Partner with digital ad agency to complement digital marketing plan, SEO and targeting strategies
- Manage and oversee TCM’s part-time Social Media & Marketing Intern, including responsibilities, projects and workflow. Foster a collaborative learning environment
- Oversee and manage the volunteer-based Digital Marketing Committee (DMC), working directly with volunteers as part of your core team. Manage DMC committee budget. Ensure that the committee fulfills its social media, customer service and content development roles
- Manage vendor relationships as assigned (photographers, videographers, digital agency)
- Oversee yearly projects as assigned (i.e., Participant Guide for Marathon Weekend, Global Running Day, Give to the Max Day, etc.)
- Manage portions of the Marketing and Experience budget
- Serve as a key day-to-day member of the Marketing & Experience Team; as well as a member of the event execution team. Execute race-day duties as assigned, including leading the customer service and social media team
The ideal candidate:
Ideally, you are an outgoing, creative, strategic thinker with a passion for creating consumer brand experiences through digital communities. You have a passion for telling stories and building relationships.
- 2-5 years of experience working in digital media, including social media and website management
- Highly motivated, detail-orientated self-starter; ability to take ownership and work independently to meet deadlines
- Creative and innovative. Passion for and ability to make existing and future events compelling for participants through content and community building.
- Strong collaboration skills. Experience working in a team-oriented environment encouraging open collaboration with all staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Commit to being trained as a knowledgeable and approachable TCM Ambassador at events, in the community and through requested outreach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; video and digital design skills a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel in and around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area
- Ability to attend evening meetings and work weekend events
- Experience with non-profits and volunteerism a plus
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is exempt full time with salary plus bonus potential.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position opened until filled.