See available positions below. Click titles to learn more and apply.
2020 Twin Cities In Motion Internships
The Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) Internships serve as part of a high caliber team, which has planned and executed the region’s premier running events since 1982. Our mission is simple - ignite everyone’s inner athlete.
TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that organizes 9 races with 27 distances throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Collectively, TCM and its charity partners that fundraise at TCM events give back more than $1.1 million annually to a variety of causes.
We have multiple 2020 internships across a broad spectrum of disciplines including Race Operations, Communications and Experience, Social Media and Marketing, Corporate Partnerships, Volunteer and Community Outreach and Registration. If more than one of these openings aligns with your skills, we encourage you to identify all positions of interest and share that information with us.
- Seeking creative, energized and motivated individuals to add value to TCM
- Commit to being trained as a knowledgeable and approachable TCM Ambassador at events, in the community and through requested outreach
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must display high attention to detail and be conscientious
- Excellent customer service skills (phone/email/in person)
- Able to prioritize and work in a busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
- Desire to be a team player – working with staff, volunteers, and event participants
- Must be available to attend and work 2020 TCM events including Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend (Oct 2-4), TC Kids Fieldhouse Fun Run, V-Day TC 5K (Feb 8), Hot Dash 5K & 10 Mile (March 21), Medtronic TC 1 Mile (May 7), TC Kids Cross Country Fun Run (May 16), Women Run the Cities (May 17) and Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon, Relay & 5K (July 4)
Position Duration: January – December 2020
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday office hours, TCM events and other community outreach requests (to be mutually agreed upon)
Hours Per Week: Typically 15 hours per week; increase in hours available for certain event weeks
Compensation: Minimum wage
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com by Friday, January 17, 2020.