Do you have an established track record of leading sales and event activation efforts for an organization, with a focus on customized sponsorships and strategic partnerships? Are you equally excited about fitness, events and the Twin Cities community? Then consider joining us at Twin Cities In Motion.
TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that organizes 9 races with 27 distances throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Our mission is simple - ignite everyone’s inner athlete.
Senior Partnerships Manager Overview:
This leadership position focuses on building revenue generating and in-kind partnerships, leading a team and developing deep relationships, both internally and externally, to support our mission. You’ll cultivate unique partnerships benefitting the partner, our customers and the organization. This position will work closely with the senior leadership team and supervise the Senior Partnerships Coordinator, Partnerships Coordinator and Partnerships Intern.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct the full new partnership process and sales lifecycle to support all TCM needs including :
- Strategy –create annual strategic plan and evaluate quarterly
- Prospecting –approach both endemic and non-endemic partners with unique opportunities, aligning their business goals and objectives with ours
- Follow up- develop regular cadence of outreach
- Close- confidently close sales as forecasted
- Manage the partnership renewal process
- Grow existing partnerships to meet client’s evolving needs, resulting in new business and retention
- Maintain existing sponsor relationships, ensuring their continual satisfaction and anticipating and resolving conflicts or concerns
- Lead Partnership Vendor technology decisions (Digideck, Motigo, Racetography)
- Oversee partnership event activation and contract fulfillment by partnerships team
- Support TCM’s executive team, helping drive organizational strategy and planning
- Lead the Partnerships team including goals, ongoing feedback and annual reviews
- Provide monthly sponsorship forecasts to President, Executive Director and Accountant
- Work collaboratively with race operations and marketing colleagues to optimize sales opportunities and experiences
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Partnerships Coordinator on Expo-related sales opportunities
- Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly race committee meetings and other after-hour and weekend commitments as needed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a big picture, full life-cycle approach to sales; supervisory experience a plus
- Experience dealing with high-level, high profile clients while displaying exemplary professionalism
- Commit to being trained as a knowledgeable and approachable TCM Ambassador at events, in the community and through requested outreach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal, written, organization and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and sales/relationship management software
- Ability to travel locally (Minneapolis/St. Paul area) and attend some evening meetings. Must possess a vehicle.
- Commitment to support TCM events (2019 dates noted): Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend (Oct 4-6), TC Kids Fieldhouse Fun Run (Feb 2), Valentine’s Day TC 5K (Feb 9), Hot Dash 5K & 10 Mile (March 23), Medtronic TC 1 Mile (May 9), TC Kids Cross Country Fun Run (May 18), Women Run the Cities (May 19) and Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon, Relay & 5K (July 4)
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Creativity and innovation. Passion for and ability to make existing and future partnerships compelling for all parties
- Highly motivated sponsorship sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to weave together existing assets and new opportunities
- Ability to clearly envision a plan and follow through to execution
- An outgoing personality, strong work ethic, and experience working in a team-oriented environment encouraging open collaboration
- The natural ability to build strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Ability to handle fast-paced, deadline driven environment, with attention to detail and ability to maintain a calm presence during challenging situations
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize time in accordance with annual sales goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Deadline: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, with salary requirements, to email@example.com by May 15, 2019.