The Part-time After School Program Leader serves as part of the high caliber Twin Cities In Motion team, which plans and executes the region’s premier running events. TCM is the nonprofit organization responsible for organizing and hosting the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon – a top ten US marathon and “The Most Beautiful Urban Marathon in America”® – and a year-long calendar of running events. TCM, a respected industry leader for the past 34 years, strives to give the best experience possible to runners, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, spectators, and the community.
The Part-time After School Program Leader – Wise Kids In Motion is responsible for assisting the Youth Programs Manager.
- Implement an existing 8 week running/nutrition program for children in elementary school.
- Coordinate materials with Säjai Foundation counterparts
- Prepare, purchase and inventory equipment and supplies for program
- Evaluation of curriculum and development of new material where necessary
- Be flexible and prepared to run a quality recreation/running program
- Ensure participant welfare during all activities.
- Communicate with program staff and parents as needed
- Should have one year of experience leading a youth program
- Must demonstrate effective planning skills and implementation of youth programs
- Should have basic running knowledge
- Should have basic understanding of healthy nutrition standards
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess or obtain a First Aid/CPR card
- Must possess a valid MN Driver’s License
- Ability to interact and maintain relations with school and program staff
- Physical strength and ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must successfully complete a background check
Performs work in both indoor and outdoor settings at various school and neighborhood locations. Exposure to periods of direct sunlight and/or cool damp weather is possible.
Program operates before and after-school days consisting of hour long modules for 8 weeks. Employee may have multiple days during the week and staggered 8 week blocks throughout the school year. Summer hours may be combined on one or more days of the week and can be morning or afternoon depending upon summer school program schedules.
Salary is on an hourly basis. Travel time and Prep time are included. Standard Mileage Reimbursement for travel is given.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.