Are you equally passionate about sponsorships and events as you are about fitness and the Twin Cities community? Can you multi-task on event and sponsorship strategy while seamlessly executing current projects? Are you both creative and detailed? Then consider joining us at Twin Cities In Motion.
TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that organizes 9 races with 27 distances throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Our mission is simple - ignite everyone’s inner athlete.
Senior Partnerships and Events Coordinator Overview:
This key position focuses on managing event sponsorships, creating memorable experiences and developing deep relationships, both internally and externally, to support our mission. You’ll enhance our participant experience through exceptional partnership development, event activations, communication and project management skills. This role reports to the Senior Partnerships Manager and has responsibility for mentoring the Corporate Partnerships Intern.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, cultivate, and close corporate sponsors in assigned categories by networking and researching targets including but not limited to:
- In-Kind Partners
- Corporate Team Challenge
- Travel Partnerships
- Other categories as assigned by the Senior Partnerships Manager
- Develop effective pursuit strategy to secure partnerships, support event needs and achieve specific financial and in-kind goals
- Create partnership proposals and respond to sponsorship requests ; continuously look to improve materials
- Exceed sponsor expectations in terms of service, benefits and overall value
- Oversee the Health & Fitness Expo sales process by providing guidance to the Corporate Partnerships Intern
- Mentor the Corporate Partnerships Intern
- Lead the strategy, planning and execution for all TCM Feb-July post-race festival events including: experience ideation, map creation, crowd flow management, sponsor and event activations and logistics management
- Lead the strategy, planning and execution of the following Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend events:
- Health & Fitness Expo (42,000 attendees)
- VIP Reception (300 people)
- Sunday - VIP Tent (800 people) and TCM’s Celebration Tent (approx. 3,000 people) including Corporate Team Challenge, Rewards In Motion and Series participants
- Work collaboratively with Race Operations, Marketing, and Registration colleagues to optimize event experiences for participants, spectators, and sponsors
- Serve on TCM’s Events and Services committee, helping drive organizational strategy, budgets, and planning
- Provide race day volunteer direction as it relates to post-race festivals and partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience working in events, sponsorships and/or partnerships
- Highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to take ownership and work independently to meet performance goals
- Sales and client management experience, with a strength in building lasting client relationships and delivering financial results
- Strong collaboration skills. Ability to manage laterally and develop strong working relationships with a variety of people
- Creativity and innovation. Passion for and ability to make existing and future events compelling for participants
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Commit to being trained as a knowledgeable and approachable TCM Ambassador at events, in the community and through requested outreach
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, map creation and database management
- Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to drive up to a 26’ truck during events
- Ability to travel around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and attend some evening meetings
- Commitment to support TCM events (2019 dates noted): Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend (Oct 4-6), TC Kids Fieldhouse Fun Run (Feb 2), Valentine’s Day TC 5K (Feb 9), Hot Dash 5K & 10 Mile (March 23), Medtronic TC 1 Mile (May 9), TC Kids Cross Country Fun Run (May 18), Women Run the Cities (May 19) and Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon, Relay & 5K (July 4)
This position is full time with salary plus bonus potential based on performance. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by May 15, 2019.