The Merchandise Assistant serves as part of the high caliber Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) team, which plans and executes the region’s premier running events, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, a Top 10 U.S. Marathon. With a mission of promoting healthy lifestyles through running events and community outreach, TCM is proud to provide financial support to youth and professional athlete initiatives.
The Merchandise Assistant is responsible for branded promotional gear, Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend expo store oversight, online Twin Cities In Motion store presence and accurately fulfilling customer online orders. They provide outstanding customer service, and support TCM Staff teammates with duties as assigned. The assistant works closely with the Administrative Coordinator and reports to the Marketing and Communication Director. Like all intern and staff positions at TCM, the Merchandise Assistant position also provides significant event assistance at TCM’s 9 races. This may include specific duties or general event related responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the online and in-person retail stores; including management of inventory, item descriptions and store merchandising
- Serve as staff lead for Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend expo store. Duties include ordering, quality control of product, pricing, store staffing, technology lead and other needs as assigned under the leadership of the Marketing & Communications Director
- Accurately choose, package and ship customer orders in an efficient manner with great attention to detail
- Manage the ordering of all TCM branded gear promotions
- Provide exceptional front-line customer service
- Perform office administrative functions. Support office staff and volunteers for various office projects
- Additional responsibilities:
- Assisting with post race customer service issues
- Serve as backup for the Administrative Coordinator in their absence.
- May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required
- Event responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate comprises:
- Superior organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills (phone/email/in person)
- Clear communication skills
- Exceptional time management
- An outgoing personality, strong work ethic, and experience working in a team-oriented environment encouraging open collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, and familiar with Windows Operating systems
- Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel in and around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area
- Ability to attend some evening meetings and work weekend events
- Commitment to work at 2019 TCM events including Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend (Oct 4-6), TC Kids Fieldhouse Fun Run (Feb 2), Valentine's Day TC 5K (Feb 9), Hot Dash 5K & 10 Mile (March 23), Medtronic TC 1 Mile (May 9), TC Kids Cross Country Fun Run (May 18), Women Run the Cities (May 19) and Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon, Relay & 5K (July 4)
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday as determined with supervisor, plus occasional, pre-scheduled weekend events
Hours Per Week: 15, more during event weeks
Compensation: Minimum Wage
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com, deadline Monday, May 13.