When you run with Twin Cities In Motion, you're always supporting a cause.
TCM is proud to be a non-profit organization that not only gives generously to the community but also helps other non-profits with a unique giving model. Collectively, TCM and its charity partners that fundraise at TCM events give back more than $1 million annually to a variety of causes.
Get behind a cause you're passionate about! Through our official community and charity teams, you'll help build awareness and raise funds for local and national nonprofits as you participate in TCM events.
More than 30 charities are signed up with official programs for our races. Before you register for an event, choose a team, contact the team captain, and join a group of inspired individuals to help you achieve your race day goals.
See our Charity Teams and join the movement.
Twin Cities In Motion events are in the top 5% of green events in the country. Organizing events in a sustainable and environmentally responsible manner is important to us. Here are some of the ways our events are mindful of the Twin Cities environment:
- We use virtual event bags rather than plastic bags stuffed with paper fliers
- We recycle used heatsheets
- We use water from fire hydrants, sparing the use of more than 15,000 plastic gallon jugs of water per year
- We have recycled over 15,000 pounds of clothing dropped on course Marathon Weekend:
- 2016: 5,635 lbs
- 2015: 3,458 lbs
- 2014: 3,375 lbs
- 2013: 2,200 lbs
- 2012: 2,500 lbs
- We donate our leftover race shirts
- We use only compostable cups at all races
- We recycle 95% of all waste generated from our race courses and more than 85% of all race-related trash
- We recycle unused medals
- We seek partnerships with vendors committed to sustainability, such as the Vanella Group.
Support Local Youth
Your donation of $2,000, $500, $50, or even $10 helps put children on the start line to an active, healthy lifestyle. We launch and support youth fitness and wellness programming in the Twin Cities and Minnesota, partnering with more than 50 school and community groups.
Becoming a Friend of TCM is as simple as making a contribution.
Invest in Professional Athletes
We financially support and provide advocacy for professional long distance running in the United States. We do this in two ways: by helping support athlete development and by hosting national championships and offering prize money.
See our professional athlete initiatives and join our efforts today.