When you run with Twin Cities In Motion, you're always supporting a cause.
TCM is proud to be a non-profit organization that not only gives generously to the community but also helps other non-profits with a unique giving model. Even during a challenging 2020, Twin Cities In Motion and its charity partners donated over $525,000 to the community. Collectively, TCM and its charity partners that fundraise at TCM events regularly give back more than $1 million annually to a variety of causes
Get behind a cause you're passionate about! Through our official community and charity teams, you'll help build awareness and raise funds for local and national nonprofits as you participate in TCM events.
Before you register for an event, choose a team, contact the team captain, and join a group of inspired individuals to help you achieve your race day goals.
See our Charity Teams and join the movement.
Twin Cities In Motion events are in the top 5% of green events in the country. Organizing events in a sustainable and environmentally responsible manner is important to us. Here are some of the ways our events are mindful of the Twin Cities environment:
- We offer an event app for all participants to obtain race day information, instead of handing out printed maps, flyers, or handouts.
- We recycle used heatsheets
- We use water from fire hydrants, sparing the use of more than 15,000 plastic gallon jugs of water per year
- We have recycled over 42,000 pounds of clothing dropped on course Marathon Weekend:
- 2021: 2,000 lbs
- 2019: 8,500 lbs
- 2018: 10,000 lbs
- 2017: 5,000 lbs
- 2016: 5,635 lbs
- 2015: 3,458 lbs
- 2014: 3,375 lbs
- 2013: 2,200 lbs
- 2012: 2,500 lbs
We donate our leftover race shirts (participant and volunteer)
- We use only compostable cups at all races
- We recycle 95% of all waste generated from our race courses and more than 85% of all race-related trash
- We separate and recycle unused medals
- We are proud to partner with The Vanella Group, TCM’s preferred environmental services provider, throughout the year
- We donate extra water and Gatorade after every Marathon Weekend:
- 2021: 6,192 lbs
Support Local Youth
Your donation of $2,000, $500, $50, or even $10 helps put children on the start line to an active, healthy lifestyle. We launch and support youth fitness and wellness programming in the Twin Cities and Minnesota, partnering with many school and community groups.
Becoming a Friend of TCM is as simple as making a contribution.
Invest in Professional Athletes
We financially support and provide advocacy for professional long distance running in the United States. We do this in two ways: by helping support athlete development and by hosting national championships and offering prize money.
See our professional athlete initiatives and join our efforts today.