Responsible for helping promote Twin Cities In Motion, Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend and other events throughout the year. It does so through media relations, mascot appearances, race enhancement promotions, social media, and more. The TCM/Marathon branding is also conveyed through the selection and design of merchandise made available for purchase throughout the year. This division is an integral part of the promotion of the organization. MPR Committees Include: Marketing, Digital Marketing Committee (DMC), and Merchandise.
Marketing & Public Relations Division
Digital Marketing Committee (DMC)
9 positions available
The key role of the team member on the Digital Marketing Committee is to provide significant social media support during Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) events. Team members represent TCM’s brand, voice and identity while creatively covering events on multiple social media platforms and prioritizing customer service needs. Team members’ specific duties vary by person and event, but include availability during event times, posting engaging, high-quality content on social media, pro coverage and informal interviewing of race winners, and race-day social media customer service (usually via remote location). Committee members attend meetings to help brainstorm new ideas, contribute to team-selected efforts, and support content development efforts to reach registration and brand identity goals. All members are leads in the execution of social media and communications operations during the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend.
- Participate in monthly DMC meetings
- Be familiar with TCM and event branding
- Attend TCM events as assigned
- Provide significant social media support during TCM events using personal device(s) including original content creation and customer engagement/service
- Be alert and maintain reliable communication with staff members
- Conduct interviews and develop content to support professional athlete social media efforts
- Enthusiasm for the Twin Cities In Motion mission
- Above average communication skills and ability to provide direction
- A positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic knowledge of social media channels including YouTube, Pinterest and Snapchat
- Experience in social media channels, specifically Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (professional experience preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills (writing)
- Able to work as part of a team – interacting with both staff and fellow volunteers
- Able to work independently while meeting deadlines important to teammates and the organization
- An enthusiasm for running and/or fitness
- Must be available to volunteer at TCM events, particularly Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend (Oct 2-4, 2020), Hot Dash 5K & 10 Mile (March 21, 2020), Medtronic TC 1 Mile (May 7, 2020), Women Run the Cities (May 17, 2020), and Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon, Relay & 5K (July 4, 2020).
Apply by completing the TCM general interest form at tcmevents.org/volunteer