We believe in supporting the sport of running. We do this in three ways: by helping support athlete development and by hosting national championships and offering prize money.
TCM is proud to support the development of post-collegiate athletes at a local and national level through contributions to:
- Running USA (RUSA). We're a member of RUSA and a strong advocate for and financial contributor to its grant program to training centers.
- USA Track & Field (USATF). We support’s USATF’s Athlete Development Program (ADP), which identifies post-collegiate athletes and provides them with travel stipends, transportation, and waived entry fees to select championships.
- Team USA Minnesota. As a Gold Level sponsor we support their Distance Training Center, a effort to improve post-collegiate American distance running and develop Olympians.
- Minnesota Elite Athlete Development Program. This program provides grants to assist qualified runners in reaching their full athletic potential.
Grant Requirements and Information
Twin Cities In Motion has a long history of hosting professional athletes from around the world as well as prestigious USA National Championships. Our races provide a highly visible opportunity for competition and offer a generous prize purse. Championships we have hosted include:
- The USATF 1 Mile Road Championships at Medtronic TC 1 Mile several times, offering a $25,000 prize purse and $10,000 event record bonus.
- The USATF 10 Mile Championships at the Medtronic TC 10 Mile, offering an $81,000 prize purse and a $10,000 "Equalizer Bonus."
- The USATF Men's and Women's Marathon Championships at the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, offering prize purses totaling $145,000.
- Competitive professional wheeler races are part of the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon each year. TCM awards price money to the first, second, and third place wheelers, both male and female.
- For 25 years (through 2015), the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon was designated by USA Track & Field (USATF) as host of the USA Masters Marathon Championship for men and women.
- The Medtronic TC 1 Mile and Medtronic TC 10 Mile are annual fixtures on the USATF Minnesota Team Circuit (both men and women), hosting individual and team competition for USATF member clubs statewide. Prize money is provided for team circuit competitors specifically for both of these events.
- For over 10 years, TCM has awarded Minnesota championship prize money through Road Runners Club of America (RRCA).