Organizes and plans all supplementary events to marathon week. The division is responsible for the following events: Health & Fitness Expo (seminars and packet pick up), VIP reception, and the Fall Association Meeting and Association Appreciation Banquet. The Corporate Team Challenge, Charter Club, Course Entertainment, Information Booth, VIP Tent, and 27th Mile committees work to enhance the runner and spectator experience. Also within Events & Services, the Pro Athlete Services committee enhances the stature of the event in the racing community by recruiting and coordinating hospitality for pro athletes to compete for National Championships and substantial prize purses.
Events & Services Division
Charter Club Captain
1 position available
Role Summary: Serve as the representative for the Charter Club (Participants who have finished every Twin Cities Marathon). Answer Charter Club questions prior to race weekend. Attend race weekend functions with the Charter Club members. Events include Marathon Weekend October 1-3, 2021.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a point contact for Charter Club Members prior to race weekend which may include phone contact, e-mail, and/or social media.
- Serve as the point contact for Charter Club Members at events during race weekend.
- Attend the Twin Cities Marathon VIP Reception along with the Charter Club Members. Assist with reception set-up and VIP gift distribution.
- Meet Charter Club members at the designated starting line meeting location and assist in accompanying them to the marathon start.
- Greet the Charter Club finishers at the Finish Line, escort to VIP Tent
- Attend planning meetings, start line walkthroughs, and finish line walkthroughs.
Key Skill Sets:
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of event preferred
Apply by completing the TCM Association Interest Form at tcmevents.org/volunteer