Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) is searching for a part-time Merchandise and Office Assistant who serves as part of the high caliber TCM team, which plans and executes the region’s premier running events, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, a Top 10 U.S. Marathon. With a mission of promoting healthy lifestyles by igniting everyone’s inner athlete, TCM is proud to provide financial support to youth and professional athlete initiatives.
The Merchandise and Office Assistant supports the office and merchandise functions by fulfilling merchandise orders, providing customer service and completing office tasks. The role works closely with the Administrative Coordinator and reports to the Marketing and Communications Director. Like all intern and staff positions at TCM, the position also provides significant event assistance at TCM’s 8 events throughout the calendar year. This may include specific duties that pertain to merchandise and customer service as well as general event-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform all merchandise fulfillment duties, including picking and packaging customer orders, managing accurate inventory and maintaining the online e-commerce store, which includes year-round online merchandise and race-specific on-site sales
- Assist with researching and sourcing merchandise
- Provide exceptional front-line customer service
- Perform office administrative functions
- Support office staff and volunteers for various office projects
- Additional responsibilities:
- Assisting with post-race customer service issues
- Serve as backup for the Administrative Coordinator in their absence
- Assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration and promotion of specific projects, as required
- Event responsibilities as assigned
- Superior organizational skills and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills (phone/email/in person)
- Clear communication skills
- Exceptional time management
- An outgoing personality, strong work ethic, and experience working in a team-oriented environment encouraging open collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Ability to regularly lift weights up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, and familiar with Windows Operating systems
- Must be available to attend most TCM races and events and work during the week of the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend, October 4 – October 7, 2018.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday office hours, plus occasional, pre-scheduled evenings and weekends
Hours Per Week: 15, increase in hours for races and events
Compensation: Minimum Wage
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to Jobsearch5@tcmevents.org, deadline Monday, February 12, 2018.