Are you equally passionate about building online communities and storytelling as you are about fitness, events and the Twin Cities community? Can you multi-task by building social media strategies while seamlessly executing digital projects? Are you both creative and detail-oriented? Then consider joining us at Twin Cities In Motion.
TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that organizes 9 races with 27 distances throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Our mission is simple – ignite everyone’s inner athlete.
We are currently hiring a Digital Engagement Manager. This individual reports directly to the Marketing and Communications Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading digital content strategy, content development, execution and customer service on all TCM digital platforms including social, website and year-round event app
- Create strategies that build our online presence and relationships with our online communities
- Develop content that informs, engages and inspires the running community
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date event information on all digital platforms
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Manage and execute overall social media and website strategy; create annual comprehensive TCM digital content calendar
- Lead the tracking of media impressions and analytics, working to develop quarterly and year-end communications reports and sponsor reports
- Ability to communicate events details in a coherent voice that fulfills the needs of various event stakeholders, including participants, sponsors, volunteers, etc.
- Optimize digital content for SEO
- Partner with digital ad agency to complement digital ad strategy
- Oversee and co-manage the volunteer-based Communications & PR Committee (CPR), working directly with volunteers as part of your core team. Manage CPR committee budget. Ensure that the committee fulfills its social media and content roles
- Manage vendor relationships as assigned
- Oversee yearly projects as assigned (i.e., Participant Guide for Marathon Weekend, Global Running Day, Give to the Max Day, etc.)
- Manage portions of the Marketing and Communications budget
- Assist with intern management and supervision
- Serve as a key day-to-day member of the Marketing & Experience Team; as well as a member of the event execution team
The ideal candidate:
Ideally, you are a creative, strategic thinker with a passion for creating consumer brand experiences through digital communities. You have a passion for telling stories and building relationships.
- 1-4 years of experience working in digital media, including social media and website management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; design skills a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter; ability to take ownership and work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong collaboration skills. Experience working in a team-oriented environment encouraging open collaboration with all staff.
- Creative and innovative. Passion for and ability to make existing and future events compelling for participants through content and community building.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Commit to being trained as a knowledgeable and approachable TCM Ambassador at events, in the community and through requested outreach
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel in and around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area
- Ability to attend evening meetings and work weekend events
- Commitment to work at TCM year-round events. The remaining 2019 dates include Red, White & Boom! TC Half Marathon, Relay & 5K (July 4) and Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend (Oct 4-6)
This position is exempt full time with salary plus bonus potential. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by Sunday, June 16, 2019.