20 Questions, Miles of Answers- Sarah and Anna Helgen
1. Name: Sarah Helgen and Anna Helgen (aka Sisters Helgen)
2. City: Minneapolis/St. Paul
3. Age: 31, 27
4. Profession: Political Fundraiser and Seminarian
5. When (or why) you started running: Because my sister made me do it.....convinced over a meal at Chipotle.
6. Best Run/Running Experience: After we ran our first 10 miles EVER (in preparation for the Monster Dash Half Marathon), we ended at Kowalski's to pick up some post-run snacks. We were tired. So we took an Uber home (approximately 1.25 miles from our condo).
7. Worst Run/Running Experience: One of us almost pooped her pants while on a run. Thankfully, we discovered a wash cloth so this sister ran into the woods to take care of business. Yuck. We'll let you guess who it was.
8. Dream Training Partner: My sister, obvi.
9. Training Shoe: Nike and New Balance Trail Running Minimalist.
10. Favorite Running Route: Any run where we can end at a grocery store for snacks!
11. Favorite time of Day to run: Morning.
12. Pre-Race Food: English muffin with peanut butter, coffee.
13. Post-Race Food: Green Monster.
14. Favorite Running Accessory: Ray-Bans
15. Current or Future Goal: To finish the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon. That will entail serious celebrations.
16. Upcoming Race: YWCA Tri and the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon.
17. Favorite non-running activities: Biking, being outside, Twins games, going to Punch Pizza, etc.
18. Mode of Transportation: Subarus.
19. Pump up Music: Luke Bryan.
20. Advice for a Brand New Runner: Run early in the morning and get it done with...and, hopefully you have a sister! Otherwise, get one.
Sarah and Anna are on twitter! Their Twitter handles are @sarahhelgen and @annakitt.
Want to be featured on the TCM Blog? You can in 3 easy steps!
STEP 1: Copy/paste these 20 questions into an email. Answer them. You can be silly or serious, long-winded or brief. We want to get to know you!
STEP 2: Attach a picture of yourself! It doesn't have to be of you running, anything will do! Send us your Twitter Handle or Blog URL so we can tag you!
STEP 3: Email your answers to Vanessa@tcmevents.org with "20 Questions" in the subject line. You'll be contacted if we use your answers for a future post!