20 Questions, Miles of Answers- Rachel Mike
1. Name: Rachel Mike
3. City: Rosemount, MN
2. Age: 19
4. Profession: Nursing Student at Winona State University
5. When (or why) you started running: Most of my family runs so I have been on the sidelines of races almost my whole life. I have always wanted to be there next to them but just recently worked up the motivation to start seriously running.
6. Best Run/Running Experience: Finishing my first 5 mile run after breaking my ankle 10 months earlier. Best feeling in the world!
7. Worst Run/Running Experience: I decided to go out for a run when I knew a snow storm was on its way. My route was a five mile loop around Lake Winona and the weather turned really cold and windy right around mile three so there was no turning back there. I just had to keep pushing through the conditions and it was awful haha
8. Dream Training Partner: Carrie Tollefson!... or if I could get all of my friends to run, that would be so much fun! (I have only been able to get a few to go on runs with me so far... I'm working on it!!!)
9. Training Shoe: Brooks!
10. Favorite Running Route: I have a six mile loop starting at the front door of my dorm and going around the beautiful lakes in Winona and then ending by making a loop around campus (I like showing off when I see my classmates haha)
11. Favorite time of Day to run: Between classes (usually around 11am).
12. Pre-Race Food: Usually nothing, but sometimes a banana
13. Post-Race Food: Gatorade and an applesauce! (...and sometimes some ramen, typical college student!)
14. Favorite Running Accessory: My iPod! I love listening to music while I run but sometimes I listen to my professor's lectures instead. I feel like it helps me learn better!
15. Current or Future Goal: Finish my first marathon, Grandma's Marathon, in June and then hopefully go on to run many more!
16. Upcoming Race: A few fun 5k's with my friends, Med- City half marathon, all leading up to Grandma's in June.
17. Favorite non-running activities: Hanging out with my friends, hunting, fishing, water skiing. Basically anything that involves my friends and family!
18. Mode of Transportation: While I'm at college... my own two feet!
19. Pump up Music: COUNTRY!
20. Advice for a Brand New Runner: Don't get discouraged when you have a bad run. Your next run could be the best one yet, you just need to give it time. Also don't expect to be able to run a marathon in your first week of training. Running takes a lot of time and effort so just stick with it :)
Check in on her training for her FIRST marathon on Twitter @raemike99!
Want to be featured on the TCM Blog? You can in 3 easy steps!
STEP 1: Copy/paste these 20 questions into an email. Answer them. You can be silly or serious, long-winded or brief. We want to get to know you!
STEP 2: Attach a picture of yourself! It doesn't have to be of you running, anything will do! *Optional* Send us your Twitter Handle or Blog URL so we can tag you!
STEP 3: Email your answers to Vanessa@tcmevents.org with "20 Questions" in the subject line. You'll be contacted if we use your answers for a future post!