20 Questions, Miles of Answers- Jill Seiler
1. Name: Jill Seiler
2. Age: 42
3. City: Albany, Minnesota
4. Profession: Elementary school Media Specialist
5. Been Running Since: In 2002.
6. What made you start? I just had my second baby, and the weight would not come off. My friend from college who runs marathons suggested I start training for a 5K and I have been hooked since.
7. Training program you follow: Hal Higdon when I did the half marathon.
8. Best run/running experience: Definitely the 2010 Medtronic TC 10 Mile. I ran with my Red Wing running group and had a blast.
9. Worst run/running experience: I struggled with my first half marathon. It was snowing, cold, and my foot kept falling asleep. Found out later that I had a foot stress fracture.
10. Dream training partner: I already have them: My running group!
11. Training shoes: Asics Gel. I try other shoes, but always come back to these.
12. Favorite running route: I live near St. John's University so I try to get out there and mix it up. Sometimes I use the trails, other times the roads surrounding the campus. It's peaceful and beautiful.
13. Pre-run food: I will eat just about any cereal that we have in the pantry....
14. Post-run food: Large sugar-free raspberry latte.
15. Training gadget: Nothing. My running group uses the Map My Run milage app which has helped me gauge new routes.
16. Goals? I really want to run another half marathon. I am thinking of Grandma's.
17. Upcoming Races: Sauk Rapids Graniteman 10K and the Medtronic TC 10 Mile
18. Favorite non-running activities: Reading, photography, and watching my daughter compete in Cross Country!
19. Mode of transportation(other than your legs): An Audi
20. Music: I don't usually listen to music when running.. but when I cross train it's most definitely Madonna or anything techno!